Here are all the updates and improvements to Things since our first release in 2007.
Things for iPhone was first released on July 10, 2008 – one of the original 500 apps available on the day the App Store debuted. It won the Macworld UK and the Mac|Life Editors’ Choice Awards.
Things for iPhone 3.1.0
July 3, 2017
Requires macOS 10.11 or later
- Added support for repeating to-dos inside projects.
- Upgraded the sync schema to support repeating to-dos inside projects. All devices must be upgraded to the latest version to continue syncing.
- We now use the official iOS app review prompt.
- Some improvements for the Natural Language Date Parser (including support for Japanese).
- Added a new warning that items will be deleted from Reminders when importing from Reminders for the first time.
- Added a notification for users running the iPhone app on their iPad.
- Tweaked the onboarding video for new installs.
- Tweaked the database migration logic.
- Fixed a crash that could be caused by projects with no titles.
- Fixed some glitches related to dragging checklist items.
- Fixed some glitches with right-to-left languages (we now force left-to-right in those cases, which isn’t ideal, but better than the previous experience).
- Fixed an issue where the list tools menu (top right) could extend offscreen for some languages where labels didn’t fit.
- Fixed an issue with the deadline text shown next to repeating to-do templates in the Upcoming list, and when sharing.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the configured reoccurrence rule from being applied to a project when making it repeat.
- Fixed an issue that caused overlapping text in the Reminders import header.
- Fixed a bug where to-dos could disappear when moving them under a heading in a repeating project.
- Fixed a potential crash in the Wunderlist importer.
- Localization improvements.
Things for iPhone 3.0.3
June 6, 2017
- Built a new Todoist importer – go to Settings > Help > Import.
- Fixed some issues with the Wunderlist importer.
- Fixed various localization issues, particularly with Traditional Chinese.
- Fixed some issues when editing project titles with Chinese/Japanese/Korean keyboards.
- Fixed some crashes that were occurring in the Upcoming list.
- Improved handling of declined/canceled calendar events.
- Minor sync improvements.
Things for iPhone 3.0.2
May 18, 2017
- Fixed a crash that could occur when logging into Things Cloud from a device with the Traditional Chinese localization.
Things for iPhone 3.0.1
May 18, 2017
- Minor post-launch fixes.
Things for iPhone 3.0.0
May 18, 2017
Requires iOS 10 or later
The first release of Things 3 for iPad, including these headline features:
- ALL-NEW DESIGN: How it looks, how it works, and how it feels – Things has been completely redesigned, with more clarity, improved workflows, better structure, and delightful animations. It’s a to-do list like no other.
- PROJECT HEADINGS: It’s so much easier to handle your projects now that you can break them up with headings. Use them to create categories, milestones, or whatever you need – just give each one a name and drag your to-dos underneath. Instantly you’ve got a nice, clean structure for your list, and the plan becomes perfectly clear.
- CHECKLISTS: Some things take several steps to complete but don’t require a full-blown project. Now you can use Checklists to break down the finer details of a to-do. Use them for shopping lists, when packing your bag for a trip, or to detail a process at work so you won’t miss a critical step.
- DESKTOP-CLASS LIST EDITING: Editing your lists on iOS now comes with lots of power, and no friction. Swipe to-dos to multi-select them, then edit them all at once: set their date, move them to another list, or tap and drag the group together.
- MAGIC PLUS BUTTON: Finally, a versatile way to insert a to-do right where you want it! Just drag the magical button with your finger and let go. You can also drag it toward the left margin in a project to create a Heading, or drop a new item to your inbox from any other list.
- CALENDAR INTEGRATION: Display calendar events alongside your to-dos and stay on top of your schedule. They will show at the top of your Today list, and for each day in Upcoming, where you plan the week ahead.
- JUMP START: Working with dates is super easy with the new Jump Start popover. Simply swipe on any to-do to bring it up, then quickly choose when you want to start: Today, a later date, or put it on hold in Someday.
- NATURAL LANGUAGE RECOGNITION: The Jump Start popover has a magical ingredient: Natural Language Recognition. It smartly detects what you’re typing to work out what you mean... “Tom(orrow)”, “Sat(urday)”, “in fou(r days)”, “Au(gust 1)”. As you can see, it jumps to all the right conclusions.
- PLAN YOUR DAY – WITH TODAY AND THIS EVENING: Once you’ve made your plan, the Today list is your go-to place for all daily activities. Calendar events now display at the top, giving an outline of your schedule. Your to-dos follow, with a discrete section at the bottom called This Evening for things you’ll get to later in the day.
- PLAN YOUR WEEK – WITH UPCOMING: Plan your week ahead with the new Upcoming list. It shows everything on your agenda for the coming days: scheduled to-dos, repeating to-dos, deadlines, and calendar events. A quick peek at this list is all it takes to stay on top of your schedule.
- REMINDERS: One of Things’ most-requested features is now here: time-based reminders! You can add a reminder by typing (natural language recognition), or just speak to Siri. For those to-dos you absolutely cannot miss, reminders will give you peace of mind.
- QUICK FIND: Search and navigation in Things is now extremely fast, with Quick Find. All you need to do is swipe down in any list and start typing – the name of a project, to-do, or tag – and instantly you’re taken there. It’s magic!
- APP-WIDE TAG FILTERS: Just search for the name of any tag to pull up an app-wide filter. It shows all items with that tag across all your projects and areas. It’s a fantastically versatile way to view your to-dos.
- THE NEW SOURCE LIST: Projects in the source list are now nested under areas to keep everything tidy. Each one has a new progress indicator to show you how close you are to achieving your goal.
- And much more... see what’s new.
Things for iPhone 2.8.10
January 16, 2017
Requires iOS 8.0 or later
- Fixed a crash when creating a new to-do with VoiceOver.
Things for iPhone 2.8.9
November 23, 2016
- Sync improvements.
- Minor stability improvements and bug fixes.
Things for iPhone 2.8.8
September 29, 2016
- Fixed a crash that was predominantly affecting 32-bit architectures.
Things for iPhone 2.8.7
September 13, 2016
- Full compatibility with iOS 10.
- Updated the Today Widget for the new design.
- We now pause the creation of Repeating Task instances if none of the previous five were completed.
- Fixed a bug where, during the password reset process, email addresses with the “+” symbol weren’t being handled properly.
Things for iPhone 2.8.6
April 25, 2016
- Fixed an issue where the Things Cloud switch would appear to be off after restoring from an iCloud backup.
- Minor improvements for sync.
Things for iPhone 2.8.5
March 15, 2016
- Fixed a sync bug.
Things for iPhone 2.8.4
February 26, 2016
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Apple Watch app to display no data.
Things for iPhone 2.8.3
February 1, 2016
- Implemented a proxy service for Chinese users behind the Great Firewall.
- Other general Things Cloud improvements.
- Fixed a problem with the checkbox animation in the Today Widget.
- Fixed an issue where the Watch app could stop syncing with the iPhone app.
- Fixed a bug where the delete button could appear in the wrong position sometimes.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash while the app was running in the background.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent database uploads in rare cases.
- Fixed a networking crash.
Things for iPhone 2.8.2
November 19, 2015
- This build includes our new watchOS 2 app.
- Improved how we handle the merging of notes during sync.
- Fixed a bug where the app could crash on launch in some situations.
- Fixed a bug where the Today Extension could crash in some situations.
- Fixed a bug that caused the app to log too much debug info to the console.
- Fixed some localizations.
- Other minor fixes.
Things for iPhone 2.8.1
October 5, 2015
- Fixed some issues with 3D Touch.
- Fixed an issue where the Things Cloud switch wouldn’t work when tapped.
Things for iPhone 2.8
September 24, 2015
Requires iOS 8.0 or later
- Full compatibility with iOS 9.
- New! New Quick Actions menu for the app icon (requires iPhone 6s with 3D Touch).
- Adjustments for iOS 9’s new San Francisco font.
- Fixed a bug where, if Things Cloud was turned off, immediate logging wouldn’t work for to-dos completed on Apple Watch or in the Today widget.
- General stability improvements.
- The app now requires iOS 8 or later.
Things for iPhone 2.7.5
July 14, 2015
Requires iOS 6.0 or later
- Optimized the initial sync process for improved speed and lower memory consumption.
- Fixed a crash with Local Notifications in iOS 7 or earlier.
- Fixed a crash while initializing and generating repeating tasks.
- Other minor adjustments and fixes.
Things for iPhone 2.7.4
June 12, 2015
- Added a “View” action to the daily notification.
- Fixed a bug where the app state saved for restoration could be reset for some users with large databases.
- Fixed a bug where the app could take longer than usual to suspend in some specific situations involving repeating task templates and recurrence rules.
Things for iPhone 2.7.3
May 18, 2015
- Fixed a bug where the “Add Due Date” button would wrap in a visually unpleasant way in some localizations.
- Fixed a bug where some images displayed incorrectly after an interaction.
- Various minor fixes for Apple Watch.
Things for iPhone 2.7.2
April 20, 2015
- A few minor improvements for the Apple Watch app.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Things for iPhone 2.7.1
April 9, 2015
- Fixed a bug that caused slowness on launch for users who had many entries in the Logbook.
- Improved stability and bug fixes for Apple Watch.
Things for iPhone 2.7
March 26, 2015
- First release with our new Things for Apple Watch app inside.
- Fixed a French typo that appeared when the Logbook was empty.
Things for iPhone 2.6.3
February 26, 2015
- Fixed a bug where logging on app launch would not work correctly.
- Fixed a bug where entering the task details of a task while filtering the Next list by due date could cause a crash (could also happen on app launch).
Things for iPhone 2.6.2
February 13, 2015
- Fixed a bug where the “Updated” label in the Today Widget wasn’t updated correctly.
- Fixed a bug where the Today Widget wasn’t showing the correct status for Things Cloud.
- Fixed a bug where buttons would not be readable in some situations if the “Button Shapes” was turned on in iOS Accessibility settings.
- Fixed a bug where the app could get into a sync loop when set to log items on app launch.
Things for iPhone 2.6.1
February 4, 2015
- Made sending changes from the Today Widget to Things Cloud faster.
- Slight adjustments to the design of the Today Widget.
- Adjusted the layout and font size of the “Last Updated” text in the Today Widget.
- Changed the Today Widget’s behavior to avoid going into Safe Mode when an iOS bug in Notification Center was encountered.
- Fixed a bug where the “Last Updated” text in the Today Widget wasn’t displayed correctly in German.
- Fixed a bug where the app wouldn’t always be updated after making changes in the Today Widget.
- Fixed a bug where the Today Widget could crash due to excessive memory usage.
- Fixed a bug where to-dos in the Today Widget would disappear without a delay when checking them off while the app is running.
- Fixed a bug where the contents of items in the Today Widget would not be updated while the Today Widget was shown.
- Fixed a bug where an extension-triggered file-lock problem could cause the main app to freeze.
- Fixed a bug where the app could be incorrectly suspended or killed while going into the background.
- Fixed a bug where changing the Things Cloud password on a secondary device could cause Things to go into an endless dialogue loop.
- Fixed a bug where the app would not correctly handle concurrent requests to launch in the background.
- Fixed a bug where Background Refresh could clear out daily notifications from a device’s lock screen.
- Fixed a bug where the keyboard would deactivate after tapping the Forgot Password button if either the email or password fields already had focus.
- Fixed a rare bug where task details could be overridden in certain situations when syncing with another device.
- Other minor adjustments.
Things for iPhone 2.6
January 15, 2015
- Introducing a new Today Widget for Notification Center that provides quick access to the to-dos you’re working on today. To enable this feature, swipe down from the top of the screen to show Notification Center, tap “Edit” at the bottom of the list and add Things.
- Some improvements for the URI scheme.
- Improved stability and bug fixes.
Things for iPhone 2.5.3
November 13, 2014
- Handoff now also works with Things for iPad.
- Things now shows tags in landscape on iPhone 6 (previously 6 Plus only).
- Improved sync speed when resuming the app.
- Tweaked the animations when dismissing the Action Extension.
- Fixed blurry text in the Settings on non-retina devices.
- Adjustments to sync and database code to fix crashes in some situations.
- Fixed a bug where sync was not triggered after reordering tags in Settings.
- Fixed a bug where the app didn’t resume into a project via Handoff if another project was currently selected.
- Fixed a bug where the date picker selection was not visible on some devices.
- Improved stability when the app is in Safe Mode.
- Now correctly preventing sync while in Safe Mode.
- Dropped support for iOS 5 (users can still download the latest iOS 5 version of Things from the App Store).
- Adjusted localizations for some languages.
Things for iPhone 2.5.2
October 16, 2014
- Handoff support (works with Mac today; coming to iPad soon).
- The app icon now shows at the proper resolution on iPhone 6 Plus.
- Dropped the Things Cloud icon one pixel for the default layout on iPhone 5 screens.
- Fixed a crash when syncing on iOS 5.
- Changed the behavior of the “Add to Things” extension to ensure new to-dos are always created at the top of the inbox.
- Fixed a bug where mailto: links created in the notes field on the Mac were not editable on iOS.
- Fixed a bug where Things Cloud errors were being displayed when there was no internet connection.
- Fixed a problem where the app could run out of memory with very long notes.
- Fixed some bugs that caused layout issues when rotating a device in repeating task views.
- Fixed a bug that caused layout issues when rotating the printer settings view.
- Fixed a bug where dynamic text incorrectly affected the source cells.
- Fixed an issue on iOS 6 where the ‘Initializing’ startup text was white on white background.
- Fixed a bug which caused scrolling problems when entering to-dos in landscape on iPhone 6.
- Fixed a problem where the scroll indicator could behave strangely in long notes.
- Fixed an issue when sharing from Numbers.app.
- Fixed a bug where message and file links in notes text were rendered as tokens when sharing via the share button.
- Fixed a bug on iPhone 6 where, when there was only one Area, the layout of the Things Cloud button was broken.
- Things is no longer shown as a destination when sharing to-dos out of Things.
- Other interface tweaks and fixes for visual glitches.
Things for iPhone 2.5.1
October 8, 2014
- Support for larger displays on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
- New sharing option to send to-dos or projects to other apps (or a printer).
- Full tags now show in landscape on the iPhone 6 Plus.
- Some improvements for background refresh.
- Updated Japanese localization.
- Improved performance of the scrolling date picker.
- Fixed a crash when editing the title or notes while the keyboard is appearing.
- Fixed a crash in iOS 8 when moving back from Projects after revealing the delete button.
- Fixed a bug where the toolbar would sometimes not resize correctly in iOS 8.
- Improvements to ensure that newly-created todos from the “Add to Things” extension are always placed at the top of the inbox.
- Fixed a bug where the “Add to Things” extension wasn’t working properly when sending items from the Simplenote app.
- Fixed a bug where long notes would sometimes automatically start to scroll when creating a new to-do from the “Add to Things” extension.
- Fixed a bug where, while signing into Things Cloud, populating the email address via an iOS Keyboard Shortcut wouldn’t work.
- Fixed a bug where there could be a significant delay when opening the Today list in some databases.
- Fixed a bug where there could be a significant delay when expanding the list of inactive projects in some databases.
- Fixed a bug where scrolling the projects list was sometimes laggy.
- Fixed a bug where editing the title of a logged task had the wrong background color.
- Fixed a bug where if you touch and hold a postal address, email address, or phone number in a to-do’s notes, and choose Add to Contacts, there was no way to abort the process.
- Fixed a bug where if you share an email attachment, or a contact’s photo from the Contacts app, “Send to Things” would be an option (it would merely provide a local file:// link, which wasn’t useful).
- Fixed a bug where the tint color for buttons in the built-in dictionary’s “Define” sheet were white, making the buttons invisible.
- Fixed a bug where dictating a tag or area name in Manage Tags/New or Manage Areas/New didn’t activate Done button
- Fixed a bug where sharing from Maps to Things showed a duplicate location name.
- Fixed a bug where the safe mode email screen had white buttons on a white background, making them invisible.
- Fixed a bug where, in landscape mode, an empty cell would be displayed after multiple taps of the “Show in Today” button.
- Fixed a bug where the due date clock icon incorrectly changed color when selecting the due date cell.
- Fixed a bug with resizing a to-do’s notes on the iPhone 6 Plus.
- Fixed a bug where the navigation bar’s shadow would reappear after entering a due date.
- Fixed a bug where, in certain cases, the text would scroll up while attempting to edit very long notes.
- Fixed a bug where the iOS 6 icon would show up for local notifications in the Notification Center on iOS 7 and iOS 8.
- Fixed a bug where to-dos wouldn’t always appear at the bottom of the inbox if Things Cloud was disabled.
- Fixed some glitches with the keyboard when running the iPhone app on an iPad.
- Fixed the rendering of long notes in @1x and @3x devices.
- Updated the Hockey App SDK to 3.5.7
Things for iPhone 2.5
September 18, 2014
- Visual refresh of the interface.
- New app icon.
- Background app refresh.
- New “Add to Things” extension for adding to-dos to Things’ inbox from other apps (e.g. Safari, Notes, etc.). Requires iOS 8.
- 64-bit support for iPhone 5s, 6 and 6 Plus.
Things for iPhone 2.3
September 9, 2014
- Improved compatibility with iOS 8.
- Improved stability and bug fixes.
Things iPhone 2.2.5
January 29, 2014
- Improved stability and bug fixes.
Things iPhone 2.2.4
January 23, 2014
- Fixed a bug where sync was not prevented correctly when performing a search.
- Other minor fixes.
Things iPhone 2.2.3
November 3, 2013
- Fixed a bug with Daylight Savings Time which can cause weekly repeating tasks to show in Daily Review a day early.
- Fixed a bug where repeating tasks created on the Mac would show up on iOS with an end date of Dec 31, 4000.
- The time it takes to launch Things into the Today list on iOS 7 is drastically improved. This especially affects users who have project/area grouping turned on.
- Improved performance and memory usage when creating repeating tasks. Users who have 50 or more repeating tasks should no longer see crashes.
- Improved performance when quickly switching in and out of Things.
Things for iPhone 2.2.2
October 2, 2013
- Fixed a bug with the layout of the progress bar while performing an initial update with Things Cloud.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash when creating a new scheduled to-do on iOS 7 (only affected iPhone 5 and 5th generation iPod touch).
- Other minor fixes.
Things for iPhone 2.2.1
September 17, 2013
- Improved compatibility with iOS 7.
- Slightly tweaked the corner-radius of the app icon for iOS 7.
- Improved stability and bug fixes.
Things for iPhone 2.2
April 17, 2013
- More robust handling of dates when traveling between time zones.
- Downloading to-dos from Things Cloud is now even faster.
- Fixed an issue where items in Scheduled or the Daily Review could show up in an apparently random order (for humans).
- Fixed an issue where text could exceed the boundary of a cell in the task info view.
- Fixed an issue where, in various circumstances, tapping outside the info popover would dismiss it, and in some cases, lose the entered information.
- Fixed an issue where line breaks sent to Things on iOS via the URI scheme weren’t stripped out, and weren’t displayed properly in Things for Mac.
- Fixed an issue where the “Log Items On Application Launch” text in Settings didn’t fit inside the cell when the iPhone was in portrait.
- Fixed an issue where repeating projects could be displayed with a “Jan 4001” due date in the Projects focus.
- Fixed an issue where repeating projects showed up in a different order when a new instance was created on iOS.
- Fixed an issue where a large gap could sometimes appear between the last cell in the sources list and the Things Cloud button on the taller iPhone 5 screen.
- Fixed an issue where tapping the status bar no longer scrolled the Date Picker to the current date.
- Fixed an issue where dates in the task cells were not correctly respecting Region settings.
- Fixed an issue where the list of days in a repeating task didn’t respect the default setting for any day except Sunday.
- Fixed an issue where changing Region settings did not update weekday names.
- Fixed an issue where the first repeating task instance wasn’t immediately shown in Scheduled when generated during the creation of a new repeating task template.
- Fixed an issue where the keyboard would animate in from the left on iPhone 5 when editing a to-dos notes.
- Fixed an issue where the highlight on the Send Email button faded out before the email sheet was shown.
- Fixed an issue where the order of tags in a project’s detail view differed from their order in the tag settings.
- Fixed an issue where the list of projects in the move dialog did not match the order in the Projects focus.
- Fixed an issue where completion dates in the Logbook were grammatically incorrect in Finnish.
- Fixed an issue where a spinner continued to show underneath the Delete Account confirmation message after the account deletion had completed.
- Fixed an interface glitch when choosing recurrence rules involving February.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when editing the recurrence rule of a yearly repeating task.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when deleting an instance of a newly created repeating task.
- Improved the handling of escaped characters imported to the title or notes field of a new to-do via the URI scheme.
- Rephrased a Things Cloud login error message that said “email address or password are not correct” when only the password was wrong.
- We now show the Things Cloud settings when relaunching the app if it crashed while updating with Things Cloud for the first time on the previous run.
- We now block the generation of repeating task instances when relaunching the app if it crashed while updating with Things Cloud for the first time on the previous run.
- We now use regular weekday names (Monday, Tuesday, etc.) for scheduled or due dates occurring within a week.
- We now use regular weekday names (Monday, Tuesday, etc.) for due dates on projects in the grid view and in a project’s header.
- Things can now be opened via the URI scheme without having to add a new task (i.e., by simply using things:).
- Improved the format of due dates for some regions.
- Search is no longer diacritic sensitive.
- Updated Hockey SDK to version 3.0.
Things for iPhone 2.1.2
December 4, 2012
- Tapping the version number in "About Things" now displays the app's build number.
- Fixed an issue where some to-dos in the Today list couldn't be reordered after using the Daily Review.
- Fixed issues where the text of a to-do's title or notes could overflow from the boundaries of its cell.
- Fixed an issue where, when attempting to move some to-dos in the Today list, the app could display the details for a different to-do.
- Fixed an issue where the Scrolling Date Picker couldn't be dismissed in some situations.
- Fixed an issue where tapping the status bar while using the Scrolling Date Picker wouldn't return to today.
- Fixed an issue where the selected date was no longer visible in the Scrolling Date Picker after rotating the device.
- Fixed an issue that caused logged Projects to show an incorrect number of contained to-dos.
- Fixed an issue that affected the order of a project's contents when emailing it.
- Enhanced the formatting of to-dos and projects when emailing them.
- Improved the display of dates throughout the app when the Region Format is set to Finland.
- Some localization improvements for German, French and Japanese.
- Improved accessibility when using VoiceOver.
Things for iPhone 2.1.1
October 16, 2012
- Fixed a minor layout issue with the "Tags" text in the task details view.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect project title could be shown on tasks in the daily review.
- Fixed an issue where the selection of a task in the reminders list was lost in some situations.
- Fixed an issue where the titles of the months in the date picker were incorrectly capitalised in Russian.
- Fixed an issue where the activity indicator spinner was drawn over the sync status text in Russian in the Things Cloud settings view.
- Fixed a layout issue where the "Calendar week" heading text in the date picker was truncated in German.
- Fixed an issue where tapping the repeating icon in a repeating task cell did not select the row and show the task details.
- Fixed an issue where tapping and holding the repeating task icon in a repeating task cell would show the menu to cancel and complete the task even though repeating tasks cannot be completed or cancelled.
- Fixed a layout issue where tab characters inside a task's notes could cause layout problems when changing to and from edit mode.
- Revised text in some localizations.
Things for iPhone 2.1
October 3, 2012
- iOS 6 compatibility.
- iPhone 5: Adjustments for compatibility with the larger display.
- New Reminders & Siri integration: Speak a reminder to Siri and have it display instantly in your Things Inbox where you can easily import it. (Requires iOS 6)
- The iPhone status bar now adapts to Things’ color scheme.
- Fixed a graphical issue with the topmost cell when creating a new repeating task.
- Fixed an issue where the top of the tag list was slightly cut off when filtering by tag in landscape orientation.
- Fixed an issue with the left-alignment of the ‘Tags’ placeholder text when no value was set.
- Fixed an issue where the a large gap would appear between the Logbook and the Things Cloud button at the bottom of the source list.
- Fixed an issue where long notes could overlap the tags & due date fields in one circumstance.
- Fixed several issues with Daily Review which could lead to a crash.
- Improved the behaviour of the notes field.
Things for iPhone 2.0.2
August 29, 2012
- Fixed an issue which could cause the application to crash for some users.
Things for iPhone 2.0.1
August 24, 2012
- Added Local Push for automatically triggering Things Cloud updates on your other devices (requires an internet connection and works only when all devices are connected to the same router/local network).
- Fixes a bug where the app could crash in some circumstances when the Daily Review list was updated.
- Fixed an issue for Japanese users where the day would not be displayed in the Scheduled focus.
Things for iPhone 2.0
August 9, 2012
- Things Cloud support.
- The all new Daily Review.
- Some nice new UI enhancements.
- A new custom-designed scrolling Date Picker.
- The ability to see Calendar Weeks in the new date picker when held in landscape.
- The option to cancel to-dos.
- The preference to log completed items immediately.
- The ability to show whole Projects in Today.
- Improved accessibility when using VoiceOver.
- Re-engineered core for great Things Cloud performance.
- Things Cloud replaces the old Bonjour WiFi Sync.
- This update requires iOS 5 or later.
Things for iPhone 1.8.7
July 10, 2012
- Improved stability and bug fixes.
Things for iPhone 1.8.6
June 21, 2012
- Bug fixes.
Things for iPhone 1.8.5
May 23, 2012
- Bug fixes.
Things for iPhone 1.8.4
March 28, 2012
- Bug fixes.
Things for iPhone 1.8.3
February 28, 2012
- iOS 5 compatibility improvements.
Things for iPhone 1.8.2
February 2, 2012
- iOS 5 compatibility improvements.
Things for iPhone 1.8.1
October 26, 2011
- iOS 5 compatibility improvements.
- Fixed an issue causing crashes on iOS 3.
Things for iPhone 1.8
October 18, 2011
- iOS 5 compatibility.
Things for iPhone 1.7.4
July 11, 2011
- Bugfix: Resolved an issue where editing a tag could lead to a situation where the user gets stuck in a view.
Things for iPhone 1.7.3
April 12, 2011
- Bugfix: An initial sync with long preparation time could lead to a 'connection loss' warning on iOS devices.
- Bugfix: Quickly backgrounding and reactivating TT/TP caused sync to stop working.
- Bugfix: Changing the scheduled date for a non-project task could erroneously display a warning.
- Bugfix: Child tasks for repeating projects could lose that project association when a new instance of the project was created.
- Bugfix: Weekday names were not properly displayed when using Swedish regional settings.
Things for iPhone 1.7.2
March 24, 2011
- Enhancement: Implemented a new Safe Mode to handle crashes on application launch more gracefully.
- Enhancement: Empty lists now show Program Guides like in the iPad version.
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug where Things could crash during the sync process.
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug where Things could crash when reactivating the application from the background.
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug where items in Today, Projects and Tags could get randomly reordered after sync.
- Bugfix: Marking a repeating task instance complete could have a noticeable lag - this is now fixed.
Things for iPhone 1.7.1
February 10, 2011
- Email addresses inside notes are now tappable.
- Fixes for various sync related crashes.
- Fixed a bug where the first sync after un update to 1.7 would not send changes to the Mac.
Things for iPhone 1.7
February 3, 2011
- Feature: Repeating tasks can now be created / edited / deleted on the iPhone.
- Feature: Added support for a custom things: URI scheme.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where it was possible to create tag duplicates when using auto-completion.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where editing a tag did not refresh the UI.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where a Spelling suggestion was lost when changing device orientation.
- Localizations: Fixed a glitch in the French localization.
- Localizations: Fixed a glitch where Swedish weekdays were not displayed properly.
Things for iPhone 1.6.3
December 14, 2010
- Fixed a bug where filtering by tags was not working properly when Things was restored from the background (iOS4 only).
- Cleaned up animations
Things for iPhone 1.6.2
October 26, 2010
- Fixed a bug where projects would get reordered during sync.
Things for iPhone 1.6.1
- Completed to-dos can now be logged manually from within the Logbook.
- Automatic logging can now be disabled in the Settings.
- When syncing with the Mac, changes are now sent in chunks, further improving sync speed.
- Bug Fix: Fixed a crash that could occur while adding a task in Today.
- Bug Fix: Due items could previously not be moved from Today to Next.
- Bug Fix: Searching for an apostrophe would previously crash the app.
- Bug Fix: Fixed a bug where the sort order of child tags would change incorrectly during sync.
- Bug Fix: Tasks inserted into a Project are now appended at the bottom.
- 3 more bug fixes.
Things for iPhone 1.6
July 26, 2010
- Retina display app icon and graphics. (iPhone 4).
- Local notifications. (iOS 4) The application badge now always updates at midnight to show the correct number. Additionally, if turned on in the preferences, an alert is shown every day tasks become due or their scheduled day arrives.
- Multitasking support (iOS 4): when switching between apps, Things returns to the exact location where it was left; after a sync is initiated when the app is active, it can complete in the background.
- TextExpander Support. (TextExpander has to be installed on the device.)
- Major code overhaul for task entry. Specifically: the title field when entering tasks is much more responsive, autocompletion across line-wraps now works, the text insertion point no longer jumps when typing fast, the loupe is not flickering anymore, no more problems with Japanese text entry.
- The items under Settings > General now have explanation texts and icons.
- Bug fix. The search field used to pop up sometimes when navigating back to the home screen. This is fixed.
- Bug fix. The app no longer crashes when filtering by due date while the list of todos is still scrolling.
- Bug fix. When editing a Tag title and placing the cursor at the beginning of the title, the "Done" button is no longer disabled.
- Bug fix. When a project becomes due, its todos were added to Today in the wrong order. This is now fixed.
- Bug fix. If a project title is empty, the back button is now visible when viewing the details of a todo belonging to that project.
- Bug fix. Projects without a title now still display a header in Next.
- Bug fix. Due date filter is now restored when closing and relaunching the app.
Things for iPhone 1.5.2
June 6, 2010
- Fixed a bug that caused Things to crash when entering a new task in Next while also assigning it to a project.
- Fixed a bug where rotating to landscape mode while editing the notes of a task would show 2 keyboards.
Things for iPhone 1.5.1
June 3, 2010
- Fixed a bug where reordering the today list would lead to to-dos being decoupled from their project or area.
- To-dos from projects that have become due are now moved to the Today list in the same order they appear in the project. The order used to be reversed. The same is true for scheduled projects and projects that are manually set to Today.
- Fixed a bug where changing the name or parent of a tag on the Mac wouldn't be properly synced to the iPhone if the Manage Tags dialog was open.
- Fixed a bug where creating an item inside scheduled while also assigning a project would cause the scheduled date to be removed.
- 3 minor bug and localization fixes.
Things for iPhone 1.5
May 25, 2010
- Added ability to create and manage Areas of Responsibility.
- Added support for creating mixed projects: the focus of to-dos in projects can now be set to active, inactive, or scheduled independently of the project's focus.
- Improved move and create dialogs: the focus and project/area of a to-do can now both be set independently.
- Improved Settings dialog.
- Refined application icon.
- Small localization improvements.
- Improved stability and bug fixes.
Things for iPhone 1.4.1
April 17, 2010
- Fixed a crash when the application is quit during startup.
- iPhone OS 2.2.1 only: fixed a crash on startup.
- Improved search. Search now also returns items where the search term is found inside words instead of only at their beginning.
- Fixed inconsistency between Things touch and Things Mac in the count of due items in different lists.
- Fixed an issue where the cursor would jump to the wrong position when deleting text in a multi-line task title.
- Localization improvements.
- Improved stability and other bug fixes.
Things for iPhone 1.4
March 27, 2010
- Added support for landscape mode. Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later.
- Added search functionality. Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later.
- Added crash reporting functionality.
- Added additional diagnostic tools that can be enabled via special instructions from Cultured Code's technical support team.
- Things no longer crashes in situations where opening it takes unusually long.
- Fixed a very rare crash when quitting Things.
- Fixed issues when quickly deleting long portions of a to-do's title.
- Fixed an issue that could lead to non-deletable lines being appended to a note.
- Fixed an issue (affected iPhone OS 2.2.1 only) that could result in a broken layout of user interface elements in the detail view of a to-do.
- Fixed errors in the textual representation of to-dos sent by email.
- The badge count now updates correctly after syncing.
- The badge count now updates correctly when checking off to-dos in the Today list that are contained in a project.
Things for iPhone 1.3.14
March 16, 2010
- Fixed a bug introduced in 1.3.13 that prevented to-dos from projects to be rearranged.
Things for iPhone 1.3.13
March 12, 2010
- Compatibility update for Things Mac 1.3. Adds the ability to sync projects that include scheduled and someday to-dos.
Things for iPhone 1.3.12
December 28, 2009
- Fixed a bug related to the Today list when syncing. This fix requires Things Mac 1.2.8 or later.
Things for iPhone 1.3.11
September 15, 2009
- More robust restoration of the application state after relaunch.
- Fixed a bug where restoring the application state after sync would lead to a crash in certain situations.
- Sync. Fixed a bug where Things would immediately initiate a sync on launch and time out in certain occasions.
- Small performance improvement for the calculation of badges.
- Localization fixes for English, German, French, Spanish, Japanese, and Russian
Things for iPhone 1.3.10
July 17, 2009
- Further improved scrolling performance.
- Loading large lists is faster, especially the Logbook.
- The Scheduled list now shows area titles for to-dos that belong to an area.
- Fixed a bug where tapping links or phone numbers inside notes wouldn't work. (iPhone OS 3.0)
- When entering the title of a new task, the "Done" button on the keyboard now correctly dismisses the keyboard instead of moving the cursor to the next line. (iPhone OS 3.0)
- Fixed a bug where filtering the Next list by due date would show todos in wrong order if their due date was changed.
- Bug fix. When syncing occurs in the middle of entering a new todo, the entered information is now correctly restored after sync.
- Bug fix. Marking an item as "Not Today" is now stored and synced correctly in all cases.
- Fixed a bug that could lead to crashes when filtering lists by due date or tags.
- Fixed a bug that crashes the application when moving a to-do from a project into the same project.
- Fixed a bug where the due date would not be shows for tasks that are due today.
- Fixed a bug where in some cases, the sync setup view would not appear in the iPhone when pairing with the Mac.
- Bug fix. When filtering by tags in Someday, tags assigned to projects are now also shown in the tags list.
Things for iPhone 1.3.9
July 3, 2009
- Improved scrolling performance.
- Improved tags list. Selected tags are now highlighted. (iPhone OS 3.0)
- Fixes crash that could occur when entering new to-dos (iPhone OS 3.0)
- When entering the title of a todo, the insertion point no longer moves to end of the text when inserting new text in the middle of the title.
- Performing copy & paste when entering the title of a todo now removes newlines. (iPhone OS 3.0)
- Long notes that are truncated in the detail view are tappable again so they can be viewed in their full length. (iPhone OS 3.0)
- Source badges now highlight correctly in iPhone OS 3.0.
- Fixed a few visual glitches. (iPhone OS 3.0)
Things for iPhone 1.3.8
June 19, 2009
- Bug fix for sticky sync screen on iPhone OS 3.0.
Things for iPhone 1.3.7
June 13, 2009
- iPhone OS 3.0 features: in-app mail sheet, cut, copy, paste, undo support.
Things for iPhone 1.3.6
May 24, 2009
- Improved iPhone OS 3.0 compatibility.
- Added settings for application badge.
Things for iPhone 1.3.5
May 11, 2009
- Added support for syncing Areas of Responsibility.
- Things now saves the state of the application when exiting the application more accurately.
- Changed semantics of badge counts for compatibility with Mac version.
- Two-sided badges for due and non-due items.
- Significantly improved syncing reliability.
- Regression. Under iPhone OS 2.2.1, text in table view cells such as "Show Details", "New Tag", and "Manage Tags" is now centered again.
- Bug fix. When an overdue task is set to "Not Today, it is no longer moved back to "Today" when restarting Things or syncing with the desktop version.
- Bug fix. New tasks created inside of a logged project now inherit the project's status of being completed.
- Bug fix. Fixed a display issue inside Manage Tags.
- Bug fix. Long Japanese text now wraps properly.
- Localization. Added Russian localization.
- Localization. Spanish localization fix.
Things for iPhone 1.3.4
February 17, 2009
- Syncing bug. Fixed a bug that sometimes resulted in Things Mac to quit unexpectedly while syncing (this should fix most if not all of the remaining sync related crashes).
- Syncing bug. When creating a series of new tasks on both the iPhone and the Mac (for example, in the Inbox), on a subsequent sync, the respective tasks showed up on the other device correctly but the ordering was different. This is fixed.
- Blank tasks in Inbox. Dragging all tasks out of a project and then deleting the project could lead to blank tasks in the Inbox on the iPhone. This is fixed.
- Syncing bug. There were certain situations that could result in scheduled tasks losing their start dates. This is fixed.
Things for iPhone 1.3.3
February 11, 2009
- Projects list. The blue arrow now has a larger tappable area. It is thus much less likely to accidentally show the project's tasks instead of editing the project's attributes.
- Fixed a user interface glitch that happened when editing a list while filtering by a tag.
- Made sure that inherited tags (from projects) show up in the Today list.
- Changing both a tag and its parent in the same edit session resulted in some of the changes being lost. This is fixed now.
- Syncing bug. Fixed some crashes (e.g. when sync starts while launching Things and the Today list was the last visited list).
- Syncing bug. Fixed a situation where a task created on the Mac and already due would not appear in the iPhone's Today list.
Things for iPhone 1.3.2
January 29, 2009
- Syncing bug. There is a situation where not all changes made on the iPhone are synced back to the Mac version. This pertains specifically to items being checked off or marked for Today. When a sync session is initiated from the Mac, for example by choosing the sync menu command, and items have been checked off previously, this data was not transferred to the Mac.
- Syncing bug. When a sync session has completed but no changes were transferred, it was possible that subsequent edits on the iPhone got lost.
- Blank items in Inbox. Occasionally, when deleting a project or area on the Mac, after a subsequent sync session, new blank items were created in the Things' Inbox on the iPhone.
- Tags. From the Next list, it is now possible to filter by tags that are only applied to projects but do not appear in any other task.
- Tags. From the Manage Tags screen, it is now possible to scroll down to the last tag in the list.
- Tags. The magnifying glass works again when editing the title of a tag.