Things 3.10 update not showing up
If you don’t see the new Things 3.10 update in the Updates tab, here are some things you can try:
- Sign out of the App Store (not iCloud) and back in. Then go to App Store > Updates to download the update.
- Sign out of the App Store (not iCloud) and reboot your device. Then go to App Store > Updates to download the update.
- Make sure that you are signed into the App Store with the same Apple ID that you used to buy the app originally.
- Go to the App Store’s Today tab > user icon > Purchased and then search for Things in your list of purchases.
- Check in Things > Settings > About that you haven’t installed the update in the meantime already (if you did, you’d see “Things 3.10” in the About screen).
If none of these steps help you locate the update Things, please make sure you are running iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS 13. We are no longer supporting iOS 11. Users on iOS 11 will not see the Things 3.10 update.
If you’re on iOS 12 or 13 and can’t see the update after going through all the troubleshooting steps, please reach out to Apple’s support team. They are the only ones with access to your Apple ID and purchase history. As a developer, we have no way of checking your Apple ID to find out why an app update is not showing up for you – sorry!
Watch App Minimum Requirements
Things 3.10 has been released for Apple Watch and now requires watchOS 5 or later. This means that some older Watch models will no longer be able to install Things. We apologize for the inconvenience.