If you’re having trouble with sync between your Watch and iPhone, resetting the local sync might help.
Things for Watch does not sync directly with Things Cloud; it only syncs with Things on your iPhone. This means that if you have any problems with inconsistent data between your Watch and iPhone, it won’t have anything to do with Things Cloud itself. Changes made on your Watch are only ever sent to Things Cloud later by the iPhone.
If the sync between your Watch and iPhone isn’t working, try resetting it. You can do this from either device.
For most people, the primary troubleshooting steps below will fix the problem, but in some cases further troubleshooting may be necessary.
- On your iPhone, open Things.
- At the bottom of the main view, tap Settings > General > Diagnostics.
- Under Things for Apple Watch, tap Reset Sync.
This will replace the database on your Watch with a fresh copy from your iPhone.
- On your Watch, open Things.
- At the top of the screen, between the progress circle and the + button, tap three times; wait a second, then tap again three times.
- When the sync diagnostics screen appears, scroll down.
- Tap Reset Sync.
When you tap this button, you’ll notice that a few numbers on the screen will change. In the background, it will also replace the database on your Watch with a fresh copy from your iPhone.
To exit the diagnostics screen, scroll back up and tap Cancel.
If you continue having trouble with the sync between your Watch and iPhone, try the following steps.
- Delete Things from Apple Watch.
- Reboot Apple Watch – this is important, please don’t skip!
- Install Things again on Apple Watch.
If it’s still not working and you are using Things Cloud on your iPhone to backup your to-dos (check in Things > Settings > Things Cloud), you can try this:
- Delete Things from your iPhone.
- Reboot both your iPhone and Apple Watch – this is important, please don’t skip!
- Install Things again from the App Store on your iPhone.
- Install Things on your Apple Watch via the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Download your data from Things Cloud. Here’s how.
For users with more than one Apple Watch
At this time, we don’t support using Things on more than one Apple Watch.