This article explains what to do if you can’t add new contacts in Things for Mac.
If Things Crashes While Trying to Add a Contact
If you try to add a new contact to Things on your Mac but the app crashes, here’s how to solve the problem:
- We’ve made a special app that you'll first need to download:
- Unzip the app.
- Right-click the app and, from the menu, click Open.
- When you see the prompt “ReviewLocalAddressBook.app would like to access your contacts”, click OK.
- In the app, you’ll see links to contacts that we’ve identified as having caused the crash. Click on each line that says Click here to open invalid contact, which will take you to the Contacts app.
- Make sure each contact has a first and last name.
- After you’ve cleaned up the problematic contacts, try to add a contact once again in Things.
If You Don’t See Any Contacts to Add
If you try to add a new contact in Things on your Mac but none of your contacts appear, here’s how to solve the problem:
- In System Preferences, click Security & Privacy.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Click Contacts.
- In the right-hand pane, click Things to give the app access to your contacts.
- If Things is running, you’ll be asked whether you’d like to quit the app later or now. Click Quit Now.
- After quitting and opening Things, try to add the contact again.